Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Gravity

Gravity
noun
1. (physics) the force of attraction between all masses in the universe; especially the attraction of the earth's mass for bodies near its surface;
"the more remote the body the less the gravity";
"the gravitation between two bodies is proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them";
"gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love"--Albert Einstein
gravity. Dictionary.com. WordNet® 3.0. Princeton University. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gravity (accessed: October 21, 2008).

Since the Creator of the universe not only designed spiritual laws, but physical ones as well, it should not be surprising that there will be some similarities between them.
So, it seems completely logical to me that the strength of the gravitational pull between God and me involves:
1. the mass (size) of the two objects involved (me and God), and
2. how close they are to each other.

In other words, if at least one of the objects is large, it has a large gravitational attraction towards other things. And, if those two things start out fairly close together, they will be drawn even closer together by the power of the larger one.

If I need to spell it out even plainer: Even when I am far away from God, He draws me towards Himself. The closer I get to Him, the greater is His pull on me. If I want to be closer to God, part of it depends on me.

1 comment:

Peter said...

...And at times, when we allow other large objects or "bodies" too much room in our horizons, their own gravitational pulls disrupt our orbit. As the moon zigzags earth in a haphazard pattern around the sun, so we are prone to zigzag around the Son as moons of distraction spiral around us.

Al, I always enjoy your blog and am thankful for your continued friendship online. I finally got around to adding you to my link-list. Have meant to for some time.

Blessings,
Peter

 

count web site traffic
Staples Coupon