Wednesday, February 7, 2007

How it all began...

Like everyone else, I wrote my English assignments in school, wrote some poems, a few essays, and never thought of being creative again. At least not in a written sense.
Then last summer I connected with the local prayer room. (Check out some of the pictures.) I never really saw myself as a 'prayer warrior', called to hours of intercession. But still, I knew most of the people who were organizing it, and it 'felt' like the right thing to do.
It was great. It was a blast. It blew my mind. One of the big things for me was how God started my 'muse' musing while I was there. There was just an awesome sense that God was there, and for me that got me started writing. Thinking first (sometimes), and then writing.
The 24/7 only went on for 2 months, with some further prayer activities for the next couple months. However, there is certainly a sense that God started it, He is using it, and if it is His plan, it will erupt again.
So, the muse hits sporadically, and the end result is a bunch of little 'musings' that I have already written. I will likely post some of them here, as I get around to it.
Meanwhile, you get to observe some of the inner workings of my mind and spirit. And hopefully be blessed, challenged, or encouraged.
Check out http://www.24-7prayer.com/ for more stuff on the 24/7 prayer movement worldwide. And read Red Moon Rising.

No comments:

 

count web site traffic
Staples Coupon